Customer Success Stories

Henry Ford Hospital

Henry Ford Hospital in downtown Detroit is an 802-bed tertiary hospital, research, and education complex. The hospital, opened in 1915, is a Level One Trauma center and is nationally recognized for exhibiting clinical innovations and excellence in cardiology, cardiovascular surgery, sports medicine, neurosurgery, orthopedics, organ transplants, and multiple cancer treatment protocol. The hospital itself is organized using the same model used by the Mayo Clinic, Johns Hopkins Hospital, and the Cleveland Clinic. HFH treats over 100,000 patients annually and employs over 1,200 physicians.

The main hospital building is a six-story brick building with a large central tower flanked by symmetrical wings. These wings end in perpendicular pavilions which gives the entire structure an H-shaped appearance. While HFH has maintained its historical architecture, cutting-edge technology is part of each unit and structure within the hospital system. The hospital boasts several awards including the Malcolm Baldridge National Quality Award and the John M. Eisenberg Patient Safety and Quality Award.

Sparrow Health System

Sparrow Hospital was founded in 1910 to provide health care services to the many new families brought to the area by the expanding automobile industry. Sparrow has grown to become mid-Michigan’s premier health care organization and provides some of the most advanced medical technologies in the world.

Sparrow Health System’s vision is to be a nationally recognized leader in quality as well as patient experience. Patient needs always come first and Sparrow leverages powerful technological implementations to enhance staff performance, decrease response times and improve overall patient satisfaction.

Southwest General Health Center

Southwest General Health Center is a 358-bed, non-profit, hospital serving southwestern Cuyahoga, northern Medina, and eastern Lorain counties in Ohio. Founded in 1920 by residents of the surrounding communities, Southwest General Health Center has a rich history of community partnership and a deep commitment to the health and wellbeing of the residents it serves.

Consistently recognized for outstanding quality care, Southwest General Health Center was most recently named by HealthGrades as an “Emergency Medicine Excellence Award Hospital” placing it among the top 5 percent in the nation.

In 2014, Southwest General Health Center expanded operations to include a new 40,000 square-foot emergency room, a 24-bed critical care unit, and a tower with 96 private patient rooms.

SoundCom was pleased to be a part of this new, expanded facility, designed and fully equipped to provide high quality, efficient care.

Mercy West Hospital

Mercy Health

Mercy Health has been serving the greater Cincinnati, Ohio area as a premier healthcare provider for more than 160 years. Mercy Health consists of 6 award-winning hospitals, 80+ network locations, 9,000 employees, and is affiliated with more than 1,800 physicians who represent a wide range of medical specialities.
Mercy Health recognized the need to build a new, innovative, world-class medical campus to replace two aging hospitals in the area. In November of 2013, Mercy West Hospital was opened and Mt. Airy Hospital and Western Hills Hospital relocated to the facility. This new hospital incorporates the latest developments in hospital design, technology, and comprehensive care.

South Pointe Hospital

Cleveland Clinic Foundation

In the 1950’s, Warrensville Heights was mostly farmland with sheep grazing on the open pastures. Two groups of enterprising physicians toured the landscape and purchased acreage for two different kinds of hospitals. Each dreamed of achieving new levels of accessibility and quality in the delivery of healthcare for the rapidly growing community.

Brentwood Hospital and Suburban Community Hospital both opened in 1957 as next-door neighbors, separated by a creek. Their two different approaches to patient care were innovative, but also sources of early rivalry. While competition for patients was fierce, the physicians also consulted each other on various medical issues and cases in the best interests of the surrounding communities.

After many years of commitment to patient care excellence, the two small hospitals merged to form South Pointe Hospital, which continues to serve the community’s healthcare needs. As a teaching hospital, South Pointe passes its legacy of commitment on to new generations of visionary physicians.

As part of the Cleveland Clinic Health System, today South Pointe Hospital leverages powerful technology to achieve and validate the performance of all staff members, improve overall patient satisfaction, and increase response times.

Rocky River City Schools

Rocky River High School

Rocky River High School is recognized as a exemplary performing school with 93% of all students attending college after graduation. Student performance exceeds both state and national averages on Advanced Placement examinations (AP), Ohio Graduation Tests (OGT), ACT and the SAT.

Rocky River High School earned a National Blue Ribbon Award in 2012. This prestigious award affirms the hard work of students, educators, families, and communities in creating safe and welcoming schools where students master challenging content. The Ohio Department of Education has rated Rocky River City Schools as “Excellent with Distinction” for 13 consecutive years.

SoundCom was proud to be a part of the schools vision to design and install a high quality video projection system that helps to keep this school on the cutting edge of education.

University of Pittsburgh

Union Assembly Room

The William Pitt Union, built in 1898, as the Schenley Park Hotel became the dream of Oakland as the center for culture, art, and education, and remains today as a historic landmark. In 1956, the Schenley Park Hotel was sold to the University of Pittsburg and under went a $1 million renovation to become the University’s Student Union. Today there are over 30,000 students and faculty at the University of Pittsburg. As the student population of the Pittsburgh campus increases and their activities diversify and grow, it became clear that the grand structure was in need of improvements.

The William Pitt Union Assembly Room, is the largest room on the main floor at 6,200 square feet and holds a variety of meetings and functions with a maximum capacity of 500 people. The room contains a stage with theatrical lighting and serves as the facility's primary multi-purpose event space.

In 2013, SoundCom was pleased to be a part of the enhancement project to upgrade certain key elements in the Union Assembly Room which include three primary systems aimed at supporting a wide range of events.

Mt. Aloysius College

Athletic Convocation & Wellness Center

Nestled in the hills of Western Pennsylvania, Mt. Aloysius College traces its roots back to the mid 1800’s in the life of the Religious Sisters of Mercy of Dublin, Ireland. Today, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in over 70 programs including Health Sciences and Nursing, Education, Natural and Applied Sciences, Business Administration, and Pre-Professional Study.

The College boasts one of the smallest average class sizes focusing on personal faculty involvement and produces more than 1/3 of the region’s nurses and imagers.

The new Athletic Convocation and Wellness Center serves as a central focal point on campus. This 87,000 square foot, $25 million facility, features premiere wellness, recreation, academic, and athletic accommodations.

The Athletic center includes a multi-use primary event space with a seating capacity of 2,000, and is augmented with an auxiliary gym, numerous smart classrooms, conference rooms, weight room, and a first class fitness center.

UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex

The UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex is the official practice and training facility of the Pittsburgh Penguins® and includes over 25,000 square feet of team space, including a world-class locker room and workout facilities, a 30-seat tiered video theatre, a full-service kitchen and team lounge, and administrative offices for the hockey operations staff.

The Milton & Tamar Maltz Performing Arts Center

The Milton & Tamar Maltz Performing Arts Center at The Temple – Tifereth Israel has become a place for music, lectures, and other forms of cultural enrichment. Anchored by Silver Hall, seating up to 1,200 people, it has become home to students from Case Western Reserve’s music department, whose 19 ensembles include a symphony orchestra, an Early Music vocal ensemble, Baroque chamber ensembles and orchestra, ensembles for jazz, wind, and popular music, and the Case Concert Choir.

The Maltz Performing Arts Center is also home to Think Forum, the university’s distinguished lecture series, and will host signature cultural programs that engage the larger Cleveland community. In addition, the facility will continue to be used by The Temple's congregation for major religious observances and life-cycle events.

As part of a historic partnership between Case Western Reserve University and The Temple – Tifereth Israel, this completely restored facility has become a prized jewel within Cleveland’s University Circle neighborhood, regarded by many as the cultural epicenter of Northeast Ohio.

Saenger Theater

Originally constructed in 1927, the Saenger Theater in the New Orleans historic Canal Street district, was almost completely lost when storm water from Hurricane Katrina rose eight feet above the stage, severely damaging the building and compromising the future of this landmark structure. Thanks to a $53 million restoration and expansion project, this grand theater was fully restored and modernized to host a wide range of events and performances.

SoundCom was selected to install the high performance audio systems for this atmospheric style, 4,000 seat theater, which re-opened in grand form in September of 2013.

Sala Filarmonica de Belo Horizonte

Founded in 2008, the Philharmonic Orchestra of Minas Gerias has made a home for itself in the beautiful and energetic center of Belo Horizonte, Brazil’s third largest city. Artistic excellence and dynamic programming are at the heart of the orchestra’s work. With musicians from all over Brazil, Europe, Asia and the Americas, the orchestra is gaining recognition as the best Brazilian orchestra locally as well as internationally.

The Philharmonic embarked on a landmark $75 million project to build a new 120,000 square foot state-of-the-art performing arts center that features a 1,500 seat concert hall. Working closely with Connecticut based Akustiks, and their Brazilian-based affiliate Acustica e Sonica, SoundCom was selected by OAS S.A. to install the audio system and video infrastructure in this spectacular new facility.

I-X Center

As the 9th largest convention center in the world at over 2.2 million square feet, Cleveland’s I-X Center has been hosting the region’s top events, shows, conventions, and exhibits for more than 25 years.

Originally built in 1942 as a General Motors factory producing bomber aircraft during World War II, the facility was known as the Cleveland Bomber Plant. The B-29 Superfortress wing assembly and experimental XP-75 were built in this facility, as well as a number of tanks including the M41 Walker Bulldog, M56 Scorpion, Howitzer, and Sheridan.

With nearly 1 million square feet of exhibition space, the I-X Center hosts over 200 events, and 2 million visitors per year. It even features a 125’ tall indoor ferris wheel which was the largest of its kind in the world when built.

SoundCom installed a number of large format LED display systems as part of networked digital signage system for Park Corporation, the operator of the facility.

Spartan Chemical

Founded in the mid 1950’s Spartan Chemical has grown to become one of the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality cleaning products reaching five continents with a simple goal of making clean simple.

The company’s 135-acre headquarter campus located just outside of Toledo, Ohio features a 600,000 square-foot manufacturing facility which was recently expanded to include new meeting areas, including a new executive boardroom.

Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association

Formed in 2008, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association (CMBA) is a result of the consolidation of the Cleveland Bar and Cuyahoga County Bar Associations. CMBA serves as a local, nonprofit professional organization dedicated to the needs of legal professionals in Greater Cleveland. The purpose of CMBA is to promote the rule of law, sustain and improve the quality of and public trust in the administration of justice and the legal profession, and enhance Greater Cleveland through member, civic and community service and leadership.

In October of 2014, CMBA moved into its new headquarters and conference center located at One Cleveland Center in downtown Cleveland, Ohio. SoundCom was retained to design and install all of the advanced audio/visual (AV) systems in the spectacular, new facility.

Columbia Gas of Ohio

Headquarters - Arena District

Columbia Gas of Ohio, headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, is one of seven energy distribution companies owned by NiSource Inc. (NYSE: NI). Serving approximately 1.4 million residential, commercial and industrial customers, Columbia Gas is the largest natural gas utility in the state of Ohio.

Columbia Gas of Ohio is an industry leader in the development of innovative programs; has a proven track record of service, reliability, and safety; and actively supports non-profit organizations in the communities it serves.

When Columbia Gas of Ohio leased space in two new buildings located in the Arena District of Columbus, Ohio, they realized they also needed cutting edge technology. This new space would include outfitting 29 conference rooms, an auditorium, multiple training rooms, 2 multipurpose rooms, a mother’s room, fitness center, 20 breakaway rooms, 3 executive offices, 2 executive conference rooms, and a gas control room.

SoundCom was proud to be a part of this extensive, high tech project. Highlighted below are few of the 60+ rooms SoundCom designed and installed in the new Columbia Gas of Ohio facilities.

General Nutrition Corporation

Corporate Headquarters

General Nutrition Corporation (GNC), a Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based company, focuses on the retail sale of health and nutrition related products, including vitamins, supplements, minerals, herbs, sports nutrition, diet, and energy products. GNC has over 6,000 stores in the U.S., as well as locations in 49 other countries.

GNC needed to improve their corporate conference environment to accomodate various types of meetings within a single space. SoundCom provided a cost-effective audio/visual (AV) solution to fully support their requirements for quarterly board meetings, collaboration sessions, audio conferencing sessions, and general group meetings.

Henderson Brothers

Established in 1893, Henderson Brothers has become one of the leading independent insurance agencies in the Pennsylvania tri-state area. Since their early beginnings, Henderson Brothers has grown and diversified into virtually all areas of insurance and risk management. Today, Henderson Brothers designs and manages programs for thousands of individuals, corporations, small businesses, and non-profit organizations.

Henderson Brothers required a unique space that would support BYOD (bring your own device), a trend that allows users to connect personally owned devices to various components within the meeting space. In response, SoundCom developed and installed an audio/visual (AV) system that satisfied Henderson Brothers desire of a truly interactive, collaborative environment.

Crown Castle

Training Room

Founded in 1994, Crown Castle International Corporation is one of the country’s largest independent owners and operators of shared wireless infrastructure. Crown Castle provides mobile telephone coverage to 92% of the Australian population and all of the top 100 markets in the US on behalf of service providers such as Verizon, AT&T Mobility, Sprint and T-Mobile.

Today as a result of numerous acquisitions, Crown Castle owns a portfolio of more than 22,000 towers and continues to expand. The company has moved into a new building which contains a number of technology-enhanced spaces including a 60-seat training room that is used for larger meetings, presentations, group collaboration, and audio and video conferencing.

SoundCom was hired to design and install a new video wall solution along with redeveloping the control system for a better user experience.

Berea Municipal Court

Established in 1958, Berea Municipal Court, Honorable Mark A. Comstock presiding, handles casework from the municipalities of Berea, Brook Park, Middleburg Heights, Olmsted Falls, Olmsted Township, Strongsville, and the Cleveland Metroparks.

To better serve the community, the Court recently built a new courtroom above the Berea Police Department at City Hall and required a completely new audio visual system so that the legal process could work more effectively and with complete transparency.

Cuyahoga County

Administration Headquarters

In 2010, the citizens of Cuyahoga County, Ohio’s most populous county, voted to abolish and reform the county government. As a result, a new centralized administrative headquarters facility was needed to consolidate numerous disconnected properties into a new 220,000 square foot facility. As part of an overall facility consolidation plan, this new facility serves residents more efficiently while saving the tax payers an estimated $84 million over the next 20 years.

The $80 million project is the result of a unique partnership between Cuyahoga County and Geis Companies, a local, private design-build firm. Geis will lease the building to Cuyahaga County over the next 27 years with a $1 buyout at the end of the lease.

The new facility will house approximately 600 county employees across nearly two dozen agencies and departments. SoundCom was awarded a multi-million dollar audio visual contract which included numerous conference rooms, meeting spaces, committee rooms, training rooms, council chamber, and a state-of-the-art broadcast production studio.

Grace CMA Church

From a humble beginning in 1958, Grace Church of Middleburg Heights, has grown to become one of the largest, most respected institutions of faith in Northeast Ohio, serving the local community and beyond.

In 2004, the church was experiencing explosive growth and built a new 1,400 seat worship center with a goal of supporting an active congregation that wanted to actively take part in church services. Since the facility was built, the demands on the venue have magnified as the church now hosts 4 services a week with an average attendance of over 4,000 people.

As a result, the Church needed to make significant upgrades to the performance audio systems to better support the diverse and demanding production needs of their ministry.